Skip to main content
Topic: Archve search (Read 2800 times) previous topic - next topic

Archve search

It's so empty here so let me start with question or suggestion:

All content from the former AFP-L listserv has been copied under Archive. However, it seems very difficult to find a specific topic or a thread in the Archive section. Could we organize at least answers to one question into one thread?

Kind regards from Switzerland!

Re: Archve search

Reply #1
It's so empty here so let me start with question or suggestion:

All content from the former AFP-L listserv has been copied under Archive. However, it seems very difficult to find a specific topic or a thread in the Archive section. Could we organize at least answers to one question into one thread?

Kind regards from Switzerland!

Sorry for the late reply, I have been absent for a couple of days.

You are right that the AFP-L Listserv content is not prepared for pleasant reading. We had long discussions what would be the best way of embracing the AFP-L Listserv content. As a matter of fact, most of the content is years old and not actively used, so to speak. This fact and the significant effort that would be needed to make the semi automatic migration process "perfect" brought us to the conclusion to put everything into one board.

We have put a lot of effort into opening all of this content to the full text search of the forum. So you can easily find out what has been said about "Acif on mainframe", to give an example. Bottom line, using the content as a reference is functional and comfortable, and it's not perfectly nice for weekend reading pleasure.